A Werewolf Boy Movie Review

Sunday, March 17, 2013

*listening to sad osts and trying not let my feels for this movie drown me* Hi hi, I just recently finished this movie at 11:30pm last night and my eyes were so red and puffy from all the crying that it was still puffy this morning.. Q-Q oh my this movie was so faBULOUS THAT I have no words for it.

WARNING: BEFORE YOU MOVE ON, THESE REVIEWS ARE OPINIONATED, ANY OFFENSIVE COMMENTS ARE NOT MEANT TOWARDS ANYONE SPECIFIC. THANKS AND PROCEED WITH CAUTION. ;)


A Werewolf Boy is a korean melodrama movie that was in multiple film festivals way before it was released. After it was released, it quickly became one of the most successful korean melodrama of all time. (according to wikipedia ofcourse). The reason why I decided to watch it was because many people told me it was REALLY good and I was instantly interested by the trailer (keep in mind that i dont usually watch korean dramas or movies :/). I know what you're thinking, after watching the trailer, many critics said that it was the korean version of Twilight. NO. Don't judge a movie by its trailer, it was definitely WAY different than Twilight and the meaning behind the plot was WAY deeper and sadder and all those good things. (No offense to any twi-hards because i do love twilight, team jacob! (: )

In short, this story is about a teenage girl - Kim Suni (Park Bo-young), who suffers from a lung disease, moving to a country house with her family. One day, she found a teenage boy (Song Joong-ki) lying in her courtyard who doesn't know how to speak or read. Her goodhearted mom took him in and named him Chul-soo. At first Suni didn't like this strange boy whose actions are like a dog's, but gradually, she starts to teach him to read and speak. During this time, their feelings towards each other grew as well.

At the beginning of the movie, there were many funny elements to it that made me actually laughed out loud, and I was desperately trying to stifle my laughter so I don't wake up my parents. Then towards the climax and the end of the story, my laughter quickly died and turned into sobbing. Watching the extended ending of this movie (there is an extended version and a normal version, and I watched the extended one), I had never cried so hard in my whole life. It was like the kind of crying where you ran out of tears and it just becomes dry heaving. Yes, it was that sad (or touching).

Anyways, I really admired the way Song Joong-ki acted, because he had only like 1-2 lines in this whole movie. He was simply acting with only his expressions and actions for the entire movie. The message of his actions was shown through really clearly, and I didn't feel like he was just an actor with no emotions. (because he has LOTS).

One thing I didn't like about the movie was how there were parts that are really dark and I can't really tell what is happening (maybe it was the quality of the video I was watching), though it did create an eerie effect. Other than that, I really didn't like the villain (or should i say all korean villains), because they just make me so frustrated since they are always so heartless and make the main characters suffer a lot. Also, the villain in this movie was similar to many drama villains, so that didn't really matched the style of this story.

Overall, I really liked this movie and I would give everything a 5 out of 5. (mostly because i give everything i really like a 5) BUT SERIOUSLY YOU ALL SHOULD WATCH THIS MOVIE (even though i really wanted there to be a kissing scene but there isnt :/). 

One last warning: if you are going to watch it, prepare a box of tissue, because i wasn't kidding when i said my eyes were all puffy and red after watching it.

Hope you all had a fun march break, and I hope you all watch this movie before you get ready for school tomorrow! That's it for now, thank you all for reading till the end! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Pocket