nationals, 8tracks & work

Sunday, May 19, 2013

IF YOU LIKE FOOD CHECK OUT MY NEWLY CREATED FOOD BLOG/TUMBLR ! thanks :)



wow national week was a blast. not only did we get 5 gold and 2 silver (poor silvers), i got to walk around downtown toronto as well. the picture above is me staring at the sky in downtown. yes those are really cool chairs and the building was really beautiful. i've never really get to wander around downtown and look at the shops, and this week i really got the chance to. there is A LOT of restaurants, like of various kinds. i felt bad that i didn't have enough time to try the majority of them because i really wanted to. there was also a lot of sketchy shops lol. but best of all, i get to check one item off my bucket list - visit a legit old bookstore that smells good. (and it smelled REALLY GOOD). yeah. i was really happy even though the books weren't as cheap as i thought they would be.
as for downtown hauls, i didn't really buy a lot of things. the only things i got was 2 books : The Great Expectations, and A Tale of Two Cities. (ALL CLASSICS WERE $5 IN INDIGO!!!) i was going to buy only one but i couldn't decide lol. i wanted to read Charles Dicken's books mostly because it was mentioned in The Inferno Devices and I was like i needed to understand Cassandra Clare's books more!!! (if you dont know her, check out her books, they are awesome.) the last thing i got was EXTREMELY comfy nude heels from payless for $24.99. the only thing i was worried about for these heels was that it was so comfy that i was scared the heels were gonna come off.. im still scared....
anyways, the funny (and kinda annoying) story for my 'haul' was that while trying to buy the heels, i tried to use my debit card for the first time and it didn't work. omg i had to borrow money from my friend i was so embarrassed. i was also angry because i thought i could finally act like an adult, but no. yeah well after i got home and asked my parents apparently i didnt have a cheque account at all.. and i swear i thought i did have one.... so yeah now im angry at the bank.
another thing about nationals was the fantastic concerts, the most memorable ones were the Swingle Singers, and the Eastman Wind Ensemble. yeah i love music.

talking about my personal life, some of my relatives came to live in our house for their vacation, and they had two young children as well. so one night after i came back from nationals, i found out they ruined my puzzle.. yeah well i was so sad omg. i don't even know why, maybe it was the stress i started crying. my heart ached so much. my mom still laughs at me.

sadly, after national weeks, this long weekend is summative weekend T-T, i had to cram all my homework because of nationals. thankfully the discovery of 8tracks made my working days easier. it's basically a website where people comply their own playlists and some of them are really good!
i'm currently listening to this one. it's introducing me to many new artists and cool songs ;)

yeah sorry for the long post. if you read it all thank you really.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Pocket